Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Preschool Co op. Anna's group

At the end of the summer, a small group of moms decided to form a preschool co op for our 4 year olds. Well, the truth is, I just mentioned it to Mari Guenther and she did the rest. She is amazing. So amazing, I fear I will be tempted to take advantage of her skills in the future to make all my passing fancies come to fruition.

It's a legitimate possibility.

So, we formed the group. And we decided I would teach the first couple weeks...because I'm the kind of person that really loves the beginnings of things and then I tend to lose steam towards the end.

I've accepted this about myself. 

So I was all set for teaching in August. And then I broke both of my arms are straight away knew that I wouldn't be teaching anybody anything. I wouldn't even be feeding myself. 

So I got bumped to the end and here I am in November, teaching the ABC's!


We have had fun doing lots of playdough.


And making our own snacks...



We've done some sorting and other cool ideas I found on Pinterest.


We made gingerbread men.


And strung up alphabet pasta.


We learned about traffic lights.

Seth and Kelston


Anna and Everly


Mallie.


We ate some traffic lights:


And just about anything else I could dig up in the pantry....marshmallow/goldfish sandwich, anyone?


We played lots of games and read lots of books. We went for walks and tried to identify bugs and plants and fairy houses.


 I learned a lot about keeping kids engaged and learning. Mainly that if you use a little imagination and lead out with excitement, they are all in. Every time. Sign them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment