Monday, May 25, 2015

The Murph

Every year on Memorial Day, the crossfit community does "The Murph".  

The Murph is a workout done in honor of Michael Murphy, a Navy Seal that was killed in combat during the war in Afghanistan. He received the Medal of Honor posthumously. 

The Murph: 

1 mile run

100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 air squats

1 mile run

Mercy.

Last year I did the runs and half of the other stuff. I also didn't finish much quicker than those that did the entire thing. 

So this year I was determined to finish the entire thing. No matter what. 


I did the run and then broke the three exercises into 20 rounds of 5 pull ups/10 push ups/ 15 air squats.

I was so excited to put down that last tick mark and head out on the last run.


Someone snapped this photo of us....Mark is the one doing a pull up in the center, I'm in the back just to the right doing an air squat.

Super proud day for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment