Monday, March 9, 2015

Basement progress - Giant chalkboard success and Playroom

The painting is done, the ceilings are done and the trim (hallelujah!) is all done. 

Now for the fun stuff.

I want a giant chalkboard and I want it to be magnetic and I want it to be awesome.

I found a company downtown to cut me this giant sheet of galvanized steel. I only dented it in two spots on the way home. I called Julia to come over and help me get it up on the wall.

Then I started with the primer coats.


Then it needed about 8 layers of chalkboard paint. It looked streaky for a long time....


But then it looked flat and black! I scrounged through the baseboard scraps and found a couple usable pieces for the border, then picked up the rest at Home Depot.


I tell you what. I love it! It's exactly how I pictured it in my mind... and that never happens. I will use the flat side of a piece of chalk to cure it and then we are ready to go. Can't wait to get our marble run up on this bad boy.


In other news... the playroom is done.

After 10 stressful minutes at Home Depot trying to figure out what house number to put up...1234? 525 (Payson shoutout)? 1999 (wedding)? It occured to me that we should put our ACTUAL house number up.

duh.


Looks cute!


Now all I need to be happy is a flower box and a welcome mat.

Carpet. Carpet would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment