Monday, February 16, 2015

A search for sledding

We have snow...and because we love thrift stores and always say "yes" when someone offers us hand-me-downs, we have boots and snow pants for everyone. 

We started at the Lowe's hill, but soon realized that it was a little intense for a pink, fluffy baby. 

So we found some gentler slopes out at Heritage park.


We brought Brayden and his snowboard along.

Mathew is probably not too happy about getting stuck with the pink sled.


But it's better than the saucers!! Poor Megan is wearing a coat I snagged because I knew it would fit her....in about 2 years. Sorry about that, sweetie. It's the curse of frugality. Nothing ever quite fits.


Mat's having a good time! Everly is probably wondering why she has three pairs of socks on her hands.


So cute!


Laney is my mini-me. She had very little desire to get out of the van. I can honestly say if I didn't have kids and feel the pull to provide them with magical snow day memories, I'd been inside with a book, a cup of cocoa and my space heater.


Everly is starting to agree....


Soon she was half undressed and enjoying the heated seats in the van. We let the big kids sled to their hearts content.



Oh...did I say 'big kids'?  I think I am getting a glimple of who Anna is going to be. She is tough and adventurous. She wants to go back to the Lowe's hill because this sissy park is LAME-O.


Now, let's get back home and gather 'round the space heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment