Thursday, February 14, 2013

Loved

You know what?

I feel loved. 

Loved by my mother-in-law and father-in-law. They drove up here from Arkansas to take care of my family while I was in the hospital giving birth to Miss Everly. They cooked and cleaned and entertained and loved on all of us.

When I came home from the hospital, I didn't bounce back quite as fast as I had expected and it was obvious I was still hurting...a lot. Sweet Mama Jean offered to stay and help an extra 3 days. I didn't even try to politely refuse. I was so grateful!


I love my husband's parents so much. I am thrilled that they are a part of my life and I feel lucky to enjoy their company whenever we get together. They are funny and smart and incredibly kind.


I feel loved by my mother.

She arrived a day after Jean and Joe went home. And she jumped right in and cleaned all my bathrooms. She organized my fridge and deep cleaned the kids' rooms. She held Everly while I took a shower and stayed home from church with me and held her for 3 hours so I could sleep, knowing that someone else was watching the time and I didn't have to stress about going over the 3-hour limit. I promise you I was knocked-out-dead-to-the-world the second my head hit that pillow.

She cried with me when I got the results from the lab tests. And she rejoiced with me when it wasn't something more serious.


When Laney asked her to play 'War' with her, she said, "Okay, Let's play for one hour."

An HOUR of war.

When I play war, I agree to one game and I do everything in my power to make it go quickly...like losing.

Loved! I feel loved!

And the meals....mercy, the meals that flowed into this house.

Delicious and hot, thoughtful meals that made this whole experience infinitely easier. And when the very last meal was delivered from my wonderful Relief Society sisters...my neighbors organized and brought me meals for another 5 days!

Good gravy, the love.



1 comment:

  1. You are 100 per cent correct Maren! You ARE loved so very much by so very many!

    ReplyDelete