Saturday, January 12, 2013

Waiting for Everly

In the weeks leading up to the birth of each of my children, I find myself itching to paint some part of my house. With Ethan I wasn't allowed due to our rental status...but with Mathew it was the nursery in the Lowell house, with Megan it was the great room in the Lowell house, with Laney it was the office in the Lowell house, with Anna it was the make-you-poke-your-eyes-out living room of the Olathe rental house.

Everly's pregnancy has been a little different. I am feeling my age and my hips don't appreciate it.

There have been weeks where I found it a challenge to walk from one room to the next.  It didn't look hopeful for my painting tradition.

But I rallied!

I woke up one morning and I could feel the paint coursing through my veins.

It was time to eliminate the nastiness in the pantry.

I went for something bright and happy because pinterest told me to.


True...I did go into false labor that night, due to my disobedience to my doctor's advice to "avoid chores". And just so we're clear, when you are the Mom...they are not called "chores". They are called...nothing...because there are so many you can't give them all names. You just do them and try to forget about it.

With the pantry taken care of, I moved on to the linen closet.

I even went so far as to print little labels for the towels, flat sheets, fitted sheets, etc.


And just so you know, I don't typically take pictures of my closets, but I had to this time because I found myself totally incapable of remembering what labels I needed in the time it took me to walk down the stairs to the computer...iphones are handy like that.

Good story. Mark was doing something else while I organized and labeled the linen closet, so he was unaware of my efforts. Later that night, he sent Mat to go get a fitted sheet and he returned with one, saying, "Is it the one that says "fitted"? And he said, "Well, it's not going to have a label on it or anything."

Oh contrare. 

After all this, we decided it was time to "avoid chores".

Mark and I went on what will most likely be our last date in a very long time. I made a final push to top off my already impressive weight gain.


Then I parked it.


Anna parked it.


And we waited for Monday morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment