Friday, April 20, 2012

Pendleton farms.

There is this darling little farm that likes to email me all of its goings-on throughout the spring/summer/fall growing seasons.

It really is darling.

It's the kind of life I fantasize about. You know, me and my offspring working the land, by the sweat of our brow.

So wholesome.

So....not happening right now.

So, anyway, this precious little farm likes to email me. It tells me things like: "Come pick peas! You pick 'em, leave us half and you take half home for free!"

This sounds like such a great deal and such a wonderful activity to do with the little girls while the older kids are getting educated. But then you get out there.

And it takes you 45 minutes each way.  And gas is currently 400 dollars a gallon. And you remember that your own peas are going to be ready any day. And then you remember that it takes a long time to pick a basket full of peas with two active little girls, especially when other sucker-moms have gone down that row just before you.

But aren't they cute?







1 comment:

  1. Peas pwease! You have to be a patient soul to pick peas with two wee women! I bet they were really tasty!

    ReplyDelete