Monday, September 21, 2009

32

Mark turned 32 on Wednesday. So of course he got to use the special plate. And the fancy glasses. We really know how to party. We get crazy. He chose lasagna and garlic bread for his birthday meal followed by the most sinful chocolate cake known to man. Oh my. Let me tell you a few of the ingredients and then you'll know that I speak the truth: 1 cup melted butter, 5 eggs, 2 cups sour cream, chocolate chips, almond extract..

Need I go on?

As is often the case with birthdays as an adult, the day was full of work and kids and school and discipline. Mark has been working ALOT and it looks like that's going to be the way it is at least until January. Yikes.

Perhaps that is why he is giving me this less that convincing smile: exhaustion? perhaps?

No matter. A little pep talk perked him right up. He really got into it.


Happy Birthday, hon. I'm so happy we are now in the part of the year where I'm only 1 year older than you instead of 2.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pic of him blowing the candles out - like he is ready to collapse into the cake. LOL.

    Happy Bday Mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must concur on the fabulousness of this cake. You posted the recipe a while back and I was smart and wrote it down. Delish1!
    Happy Birthday Mark. I still remember the days when you were a distraction to Sis. Blanchard out in the little shack in sugarloaf!! Ahh, those were the days. Sorry, I don't have any other experiences with you in them to reminisce about. Oh well, Happy Birthday anyway.

    ReplyDelete